Under both her names Chatsumarn Kabilsingh as well as Dhammananda Bhikkhuni, Ven. Dhammananda has published more than 100 books, for both contributing to the academic discourse as well as engaging the general public.
We are currently looking to make this wealth of information available to the English-speaking public. If you would like to know more about the possibility to contribute to this project (e.g. by volunteering with your language skills or making a donation), please contact Ven. Dhammananda.
List of publications available in English:
- A Comparative Study of Bhikkhuni Patimokkha. Chaukhambha Orientalia: India, 1984.
- A Cry From the Forest.1981. (further information unavailable)
- A Different Voice. Phra Nakorn, Thailand: Thai Tibet Center, 2010.
- ISBN: 9786169037798
- Beyond Gender. Chiang Mai, Thailand: Foundation for Women, Law and Rural Development (FORWARD) and Women’s Studies Center (WSC), Faculty of Social Sciences, Chiang Mai University, 2007.
- ISBN: 9789746723084
- Bhikkhuni Pàtimokkha of the Six Existing Schools.tr. Bangkok, 1991. Sri Satguru Publications, 1998.
- ISBN: 9788170305705
- Bhikkhuni Ta
Tao. Paving the Way for Future Generations. In Karma Lekshe Tsomo
Buddhist Women(pp. 61-70). New York: State University of New
York Press, 2014.
- ISBN: 9781438451305
- Buddhism and Nature Conservation. Bangkok, Thailand: Thammasat University Press, 1998.
- ISBN: 9789745716568
- 2nd Publishing: ISBN 9746169037750
- Buddhist Perception of Nature. Toyota Foundation, Bangkok.
- “Early Buddhists on Nature” in This Sacred Earth by Roger S. Gottlieb. Routledge, 2004. 130-133.
- “Reading Buddhist Texts with New Light” in Buddhist Exploration of Peace and Justice by Chanju Mun and Ronald S. Green. Honolulu, HI: Blue Pine Books, 2006. 89-96.
- Everything Begins in Our Heart. Moral Center, Bangkok, 2006.
- Herstory. Phra
Nakorn, Thailand: Thai Tibet Center, 2012.
- ISBN: 9789742602574
- My Sri Lankan Lineage.
Phra Nakorn, Thailand: Songsayam Co. Ltd., 2013.
- ISBN: 9789742602628
- Q&A on Ordination of Buddhist Women. Phra Nakorn, Thailand:Thai Tibet Center, 2011.
- ISBN: 9786167423104
- Thai Women in Buddhism. Berkeley, CA: Parallax Press, 1991.
- Training the Monkey Mind. Dharma talks collected during 2002/2008. Nakhon Pathom,
- ISBN: 9789741049424
- Women and Buddhism. Institute of Women’s Studies (St. Scholastica’s College), Isis International (Manila, Philippines). Manila: Isis International, 1996.
- Women in Buddhism: Questions and Answers. First published 1998.
- ISBN: 9745726079
- Available for free as eBook
- Women Strengthening Buddhism. Phra Nakorn, Thailand: Thai Tibet Center, 2010.
- ISBN: 9786167423005
Ven.Dhammananda’s books in
(Asso.Prof.Dr Chatsumarn Kabilsingh)
| Buddhism and Nature Conservation, 1998 B.220 |
Beyond Gender, 2007 B.180
Training the Monkey Mind,2008,B.150
A Different Voice, 2010 B.220
Women Strengthening Buddhism, 2010,B.220
Q&A on Ordination of Buddhist Women 2011,B100
Everything Begins Here…in our Hearts 2011 B.180
Letters from India, 1962-1965 printed 2012 B.180
Herstory, 2012 B.150
My Sri Lankan Lineage, 2013 B.190
your order, kindly add $5 to each book for postage.
Personal check from US is accepted.
can also send the payment through our bank.
Bank: Siam Commercial Bank ltd.
Send us the scanned receipt.
– Yasodhara. (Quarterly newsletter for bhikkhunis and Buddhist women in 35 countries, published by Ven. Dhammananda from 1984-2014. Current news distribution channels include the website, facebook and Youtube channels as well as a weekly column in a major Thai magazine).
– A visit from a group of Bhikkhus from Myanmar: Semsikkhalaya arranged for an exposure trip for a group of bhikkhus, Thilashins and lay people from Myanmar. ….READ MORE
– The Shifts in ABC: Ven. Dhammananda reminded me that we need to record the shifts that occurred under ABC. …. READ MORE
– ‘Rebel’ female Buddhist monks challenge Thailand status quo: In this Aug. 23, 2015, photo, women Buddhist monks receive alms from the faithful in Nakhon Pathom, Thailand. ….
Read More Article … www.bigstory.ap.org/article / /Or/ / http://siouxcityjournal.com/lifestyles/
– The Monastics: Day and night, the Petkasem Highway thunders with traffic, connecting the manic hub that is Bangkok to the southern provinces and lush national forests of Kanchanaburi. …. Read more
– Buddhists Go to the White House: The streets of Washington DC were lined with blossoms and greenery, the prospect of promise. ….Read more
– Thailand’s Rebel Buddhist Nun: by Laura SecorunPalet APR 19th, 2016 …. TODAY’S OZY
– If the robes fit…: The monkhood has long been off limits to women, but one ‘bhikkhuni’ is pushing for change, arguing the tradition is based on nothing more than a misguided technicality….Bangkok Post
– Thai TV anchor turned monk fights for women’s right to be ordained: In Thailand, where women are forbidden from being ordained, a former TV anchor turned ‘bhikkhuni’ is shaking up the old guard….Post Magazine
– Ordination in both Sanghas: In 1928 when Narin Klueng instated on his daughters, Sara and Chongdi be ordained as bhikkhuni and samaneri respectively. The ordination was secretive and up till now it was not disclosed how it was done, whether there were chapter of bhikkhus giving ordination or not. ….Read more
– Bhikkhuni Upasampada is done only in Bhikkhu sangha : It has long been misunderstood that ordination of bhikkhuni must be done by both sanghas. For this reason bhikkhuni ordination was seen as not possible as there were no bhikkhunis in Thailand through 700 years of history. …. Read more
– An Interview of Radio program in Denmark: In Thailand, a rather unusual life folds out in one of the country’s thousands of temples: Contrary to tradition, all resident women – and declared feminists. They call themselves female monks – bhikkhuni – and despite the scepticism from their society, they insist on their right to be ordained – its their heritage from Buddha. ….Read More.